Bathtub crack - Posted by Brad_SC

Posted by Tommy on March 31, 2006 at 23:30:32:

Are you renting the trailer, or do you hold the note? I’m just wondering why you would be responsible for replacing the tub. Thanks

Bathtub crack - Posted by Brad_SC

Posted by Brad_SC on March 31, 2006 at 10:04:54:

I have a tenant that just called me and said that they have a crack in the bath tub and wanted to know what they could put on it to fix it. Is there a product out ther for this or am I just looking at putting a new tub in? Any info would be great.

Re: Bathtub crack - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on March 31, 2006 at 10:21:53:

If the tub is fiberglass you can probably call the local plumbing supply house. Most of them know a good tub repair man, in my area a fix like that is around $75-100. Unfortunately, a lot of trailer tubs are some sort of plastic. I don’t know if you can get those repaired.

Re: Bathtub crack - Posted by Brad_SC

Posted by Brad_SC on March 31, 2006 at 10:55:29:

Yeah, I think it is plastic. I have not seen it yet but they said it was the “soft type” so I guess it is plastic.

Re: Bathtub crack - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on March 31, 2006 at 16:42:42:

I have repaired these tubs with the traditional fiberglass repair kits available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Not much too it and not exactly pretty but I do find that the repair becomes the must sturdy part of the whole tub (because of the layering of fiberglass patches).

There was a lengthy string here some time back that had a bunch of detailed repairs and alternatives. Try running an archive search here and see if you can locate other ideas as well.

Tony

Re: Bathtub crack - Posted by Glen (OH)

Posted by Glen (OH) on April 01, 2006 at 18:45:34:

Brad,
There is a patch kit available at mobilehomerepair.com. I believe it will work on the plastic type tubs.

Glen (OH)

Re: Bathtub crack - Posted by Brad_SC

Posted by Brad_SC on March 31, 2006 at 16:50:18:

Thanks,Tony. I’ll do that. As always you are the man with all the answers.

Brad