Be careful what You ask for............. - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 04, 1999 at 22:24:50:

David,

Congratulations! I love hearing these stories. It worked out well for everyone involved. You gotta feel good about getting a gorgeous MH back, and providing more affordable housing for that family.

Talk about “win-win”. Good for you.

Bill K. (AZ)

Be careful what You ask for… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 04, 1999 at 22:13:40:

Last month a payor on a Mh was late and I went to pick up some money. Went inside and Lo and Behold the Mh Looked gorgeous. He had redone the entire floor, new tile, new counters in the kitchen, a bar with a counter cut out to see through the from the kitchen to the living room. I was saying to myself, Hmm, hope he misses a few payments cause my price on this MH is going up. And Bamm!! He lost his job, and was having trouble with the PM.

Solution:
We all sat down, talked and the best solution he decided was for him and his family(young couple with baby) is to go back to his grandfathers and live. He started asking me what I would take for the trailer for cash, his grandfather has money. I said I’d be willing to take a discount(No I didn’t get to sell it). We couldn’t arrive at a price to agree on.
Then I mentioned I do happen to have another MH, even newer than this one, and I can make you a deal, if you move it.

Anyway, showed it to him, he loved it. They called their grandfather, he’s gonna bring cash Thursday. I’m only gonna get 3k, but I would have been it about 4-5k if I moved it to a park and sold it. So I should be shopping for another home already in a park after Thursday( I hate movin’ em’).

So, I guess this will have a happy ending afterall.

David Alexander

Re: Be careful what You ask for… - Posted by Mike-DFW

Posted by Mike-DFW on May 04, 1999 at 23:10:43:

And remember to call Nationwide so they can help you out with your real estate career!!! HA HA HA

Seriously, good going. Still have not received the mail package from you.

Mike Kimbrough