becoming a broker. GOOD or BAD? - Posted by Curt

Posted by Tom on February 07, 2001 at 19:57:32:

1> What does the job entail
Becoming a real estate is not a job it is a business, you are independent and work for yourself, if you don’t sell you don’t get paid.

2> What is the income potential
Many agents make nothing and are out of business in weeks or months. A few make large incomes 100K and up, most make an income depended upon the time and efford they put in.

3> Will it help or hinder me in purchasing more real estate? NO!

4> What are the hours is it flexible or inflexible, is it every weekend or more weekdays?

It’s your business, work when you want, your income will depend on the hours you put into it.

becoming a broker. GOOD or BAD? - Posted by Curt

Posted by Curt on February 07, 2001 at 10:12:16:

I have been buying properties for a couple years now and am just finishing my first LLC partnership deal that is more on the commercial side.My questions are this, I spend most of my time looking for real estate to purchase.would it be a benefit to me to get my real estate license and work as a commercial realtor.
1> What does the job entail
2> What is the income potential
3> Will it help or hinder me in purchasing more real estate?
4> What are the hours is it flexible or inflexible, is it every weekend or more weekdays?

Any feedback would be great especially from realtors. I have no problem working long or working hard as long as the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow and it gets me where I want to go.