becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Erin Vandiver

Posted by Dennis on October 10, 2000 at 23:39:15:

I had the coursefor 1 yr. now. I am very interested in getting started, but not sure where to start. I have very few hours as I got to school and work full time.If there is anyone in the Los Angeles area that can help lead me in the right direction I would be very greatful,and maybe we can work on one together.

becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Erin Vandiver

Posted by Erin Vandiver on August 19, 1999 at 15:02:50:

Being a mother of 3 young children, of course there’s no way I could afford to put them in daycare. I’ve always stayed home with my children, which has been wonderful for my children and myself. However living off of one income in this day and age is nearly impossible. Unless you’re fortunate enough to have a job that pays high dollar. We don’t have that. We’re tired of not being able to pay the bills, and purchase new clothes every once in a while. For us to spend money on this course would really make things tight. How can we be sure that it really is worth our while? We’ve fallen pray to quite a few scams over the years. This one sounds different, but it’s a lot of money for us to spend. How hard is it really? Have any of you students out there regretted your decision? Please e-mail us and let us know! We know there’s tons of success stories out there, but we’d like to hear from a live person!
Many thanks! Erin Vandiver

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Dick Schmidt

Posted by Dick Schmidt on August 22, 1999 at 02:07:12:

If you want a really good intro to real estate, I would suggest the book “Real Estate Finance & Investment Manual” by Jack Cummings. It is more complete than Sheets, and covers the basics (some really advanced basics at that) and does an excellent job of giving you the skills and language you need to succeed in RE. I got it at Amazon.con for about $30.

Dick

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Jackie Albonetti

Posted by Jackie Albonetti on August 21, 1999 at 07:54:54:

I bought the cours through e-Bay. They auction off CS course daily from people that have bought it and either used it or decided not to. I am wading through mine now to get a basic education in real estate. You can get it at a great price at the e-Bay.com site.
Hope this helps.

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on August 20, 1999 at 09:10:16:

Erin if what you are looking for is a good foundation of education into REI then get the course. I have read a couple of books and own the course and so far the CS course has been the best. It is probably the best place to start. And like the others have said read this site.

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by DaveM(CT)

Posted by DaveM(CT) on August 19, 1999 at 22:25:46:

Erin,

Follow David Alexander’s advice. And rest assured that the Sheets program is NOT a scam. I bought it last May. It helped me get started, but I had also read Kiyosaki’s stuff prior to ordering the C.S. course. Sheets gives only the basics, but you have to start somewhere; I don’t regret spending the money (money is tight with me, too).

How hard is it really? It’s like anything else in life - how bad do you want it? I love the little bit I have done with real estate so far. And I stand to make more money than I ever have before very soon.

Also, read EVERYTHING on this site (posts, articles, etc.). There’s a gold mine of information here.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for you.

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on August 19, 1999 at 15:47:45:

first let me say I’ve never read or heard the CS stuff at all. Have lots of friends that have. From what I’ve have heard is that it gives a good basic start in Real Estate.

Now with that said, it sounds as if your ready to change your life. If you are you have to start educating yourself somewhere. This education needs to be in an overall understanding of business and Investing without you’ll probably stay in the same circle of life.

To many people worry about the vehicle they use to get them there and not enough about the fundamentals of investing and business.

One you understand the fundamental basics, you could sell peanuts on a street corner and get wealthy.

So the real question is… Will RE work for you? Is RE for you? Can’t answer that one.

This is what I would do. Buy(run to the store) Rich Dad/Poor Dad, and the Cash Flow Quadrant both by Robert Kiyosaki. Then Start your RE education by reading everything on this site, Newgroup one, two, the Cashflow forum, money making ideas, success stories, how to articles, and on and on. If it still interests you, then jump in and decide what the next course of action for yourself is.

RE is an excellent way to go, wish I had discovered it 20 years ago.

David Alexander

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by reggie

Posted by reggie on September 24, 1999 at 21:35:54:

GREAT ADVICE! I too am thinking of purchasing the C.S. Course. I don’t know if you convinced Erin, But you sure HELPED ME. Thank You DaveM. This is a GREAT SITE!!!

Re: becoming a carleton sheets student - Posted by Monica S.

Posted by Monica S. on March 08, 2000 at 10:47:28:

Hi,
I am very interested in purchasing the program, but want to be sure that it is for me. I figure if I go at it as if I was working on my Masters’, I should be successful. Just wanted to know if the 24 hour hotline that is offered with the program is helpful and if anyone started seeing results within a six month period. Also, I am located in Maryland, are there any other students who are located in this area.
Is this a program that takes an enormous amount of time or can you really do this for about 2 hours a day, five days a week and see results? If so, what size results.

PLEASE HELP!!
I don’t want to make a big mistake, I want to go in with my eyes open to all of the facts, positive and negative.

Thanks.