Becoming a dealer - Posted by Jon B

Posted by Dave - WA on July 12, 2003 at 01:48:29:

I also have been wondering about this. Since I haven’t done any deals yet I guess I have a little while to worry about it.

Becoming a dealer - Posted by Jon B

Posted by Jon B on June 24, 2003 at 22:25:54:

I live in La I was wondering how many MH deals I can do before being considered a dealer? Also whats the difference in becoming a dealer or not? Thank you all so much for your help once again.

Sincerely,

A1C Jon B

Re: Becoming a dealer - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on June 28, 2003 at 12:38:35:

Also whats the difference in becoming a dealer or not?

You need to find and read LA law re dealer requirements. It might be a LOT of hassle, like having to have a sales lot, office, bond, fees, etc. In my state of WA all these are required, so all us “Lonnie’s” here try hard NOT to qualify as dealer.

I have some buddies who’ve affiliated with MH Dealers so they can use their licenses, to comply with our requirements. This would be a good move if you’re ever informed by the state that you’ve gotta get licensed.

Re: Becoming a dealer - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on July 07, 2003 at 13:40:45:

I’m in washington. I read 4 deals is the clue they look for? Does anybody know how that day goes down? Do they show up at you doorstep? LOL I’m sure you get the look when your standing in front of the county desk only a few days later to put a new registered owner on your brand new title. Same people there every day (it’s the JOB they choose). Excise tax docs too. seems like an easy paper trail if someone wants to follow up. Anyway, I’m still working on my 1st deal so any comments would be just fun to read and good info for down the road.