Becoming a realtor good idea? - Posted by Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy on October 26, 2003 at 17:43:48:

Thanks for your reply. I am only interested in becoming an agent to get comps and find deals. I don’t like relying on other people.

Becoming a realtor good idea? - Posted by Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy on October 24, 2003 at 22:03:04:

I am contemplating becoming a real estate agent. What implications would that have on being an investor?? Would that be a good or bad idea? Also would I still be able to use my Course material contracts or not? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Becoming a realtor good idea? - Posted by -Jimbo-

Posted by -Jimbo- on October 25, 2003 at 14:06:08:

Answer: No

If you bought property, you will have to tell everyone that you are a real estate agent, which in itself is not really a big deal.

Some people might look at you buying their property creativly and think you are taking advantage of them.

I wouldn’t use the standard RE agent course material for much…maybe kindling. If you don’t have anything else, then yes, use it.

Personally, I don’t like the idea of becoming an agent. Now if you have spare time and actually like working for money, by all means, go ahead. Some people really like being agents - not me.

I’ve never been one and I probablly will never become one either.

I forget what the average RE agent makes in a year…oh yeah, less than $30K. I made that on the last house I bought…took about 20 minutes and that was only because I stopped in the title company’s lobby for a cookie and coffee.

Good luck on investing and/or your RE agent career.

-Jimbo- “Let’s be real people.” -Me