beginner's angst - Posted by John B

Posted by phil fernandez on May 15, 2000 at 10:58:54:

John,

There are deals in every market throughout the country. Each local market is different in it’s pricing. However creative real estate techniques work in a higher priced market also. The numbers are just different.

First you have to learn your local market like the back of your hand. Only after knowing your market can you recognize a great deal.

Even in hot seller’s market’s there are people that need to sell quickly. Divorces, job transfers, behind in mortgage payments, deaths and many many over situations where owners need you to take their properties off their hands.

You may be looking at unmotivated sellers. The motivated ones, like the ones I mentioned above often will discount their prices substantially.

beginner’s angst - Posted by John B

Posted by John B on May 14, 2000 at 20:53:05:

I have just completed the course and have been reading the message boards here. I have seen a lot of properties for 25K - 50K on the board. I live in Northern NJ and have never seen a property for that price. My question is, can this program work in this area, and can it be done by someone with little caash and poor credit? Thanks for the help!

John

Re: beginner’s angst - Posted by Ted_Nj

Posted by Ted_Nj on May 16, 2000 at 06:52:57:

Where are you located? I’m a beginner also. I live in Totowa , and I’ve run into the same problem. the homes here are in the $175k-$300,00 range. E-mail me , maybe we can help each other.
Ted Kinkade
reinvestor31@hotmail.com

Re: beginner’s angst - Posted by Rik NJ

Posted by Rik NJ on May 15, 2000 at 17:03:18:

I Live in northern NJ and am involved in several deals right now that do not require credit or a bunch of cash. Send me an email and we can discuss it.

Rik NJ