Beginning Investment Strategies - Posted by Jared in Dallas

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 22, 2003 at 24:50:03:

Jared–(TX)---------------

Everybody is different. Each person has to have a personally tailored investment program that fits that person, in my opinion.

I recommend that you read my post for beginners. You can find it on the main board of this CREONLINE.COM website by putting “beginners success” into the archive search function.

Good Investing*************Ron Starr

Beginning Investment Strategies - Posted by Jared in Dallas

Posted by Jared in Dallas on July 21, 2003 at 12:20:38:

I’ll have between 6 and 10 grand in about about a month. I’ve been reading up on real estate and have a decent knowledge of various aspects of real estate basics. Unfortunately, I have information overload. I was wanting to know how some of you started or how you would start if you were starting today.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Beginning Investment Strategies - Posted by Earl

Posted by Earl on July 22, 2003 at 15:46:35:

Just my $0.02 - I agree with Ron’s comments below completely - much of your question is about yourself - your own abilities, temperment, contacts, experience, financial situation, where you live, etc.

but since you asked us what we did and would do differently - I started buying and holding rentals. If I had to do it over again I would have looked at some strategy that makes short-term cash over and over again - maybe wholesaling or if I had the time and skill, rehabbing. Then after I felt comfortable with my ability to raise cash over and over again, then go into rentals to build long-term wealth.

As a newbie you should consider how you’re going to have spare cash for when murphy strikes. Also think about your exit strategy - how you plan to get out of the deals you get into.

Read this website a lot on various strategies. And do the archive searches on topics like “wholesaling”.

Also look for a local investor group near you and join them. They can be invaluable contacts to tell you what works and what doesn’t in your market.

Hope this helps - good luck.