Being Broke & Convention? - Posted by Shelva In Canada

Posted by Pavon Bailey on February 02, 2000 at 07:39:01:

Shelva:

I’m a newbie, too. I’m just doing my first deal! To answer your question, I am going to the Convention, and I am broke!!! I’m borrowing the money from my parents to go. And because I’m in college, 22 years old, and have a present job at a bank, my parents expect me to pay them back. No more “Oh, that’s okay, honey, we love you…you don’t have to pay us back.” They still love me, but they look at me like a responsible person, so they demand that they get their money back. I’m going because I don’t look at it for the price. I look at it as an investment in myself and my future. That’s an investment I’m willing to take no matter what the risk may be.

If you love real estate as much as I do, and you want to make real estate your way out of your dull job, then I would suggest that you go. Of course, $1200 is a lot, but once you consummate your first deal, you’ll make that back in a heartbeat. Chances are you’ll make 10-50X more. And think about this: if you don’t go, where will you be 10 years from now? You could only get so much FREE info from a website. The Convention will allow you to pick the brains of 10 top real estate investors. Plus you’ll network and make new friends…something that money in itself can’t buy.

I hope to see you in Atlanta. Hopefully we can meet and share ideas with the pros. $1200 is a lot, so use your money wisely. Take advantage of the three days you’re at the Convention.

Pavon

PS: The deadline for reservations is February 11, 2000, I think. JP posted a message about the deadline for reservations WITH a room.

Being Broke & Convention? - Posted by Shelva In Canada

Posted by Shelva In Canada on February 02, 2000 at 24:43:13:

Hello all,

Personally 9-5 J-O-B (Just Over Broke) and Love to come to the convention. But I need to evaluate every non-existent dollar I have to make sure that it is worth it. So from Canada it will probably cost with the airfare around $1200 which I could spend on repaying my credit cards. Question is: for a beginner is it worth it? I know it is a minefield of information. but immediate applicability to meet todays cash flow after spending $1200? please help as I need to save / borrow whatever to get there!

Love to hear from any newbies who went last year (ideally were broke and in my shoes) and thought it was great (cash flow terms please!)

thank you all
Shelva In Canada