Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate - Posted by Ron

Posted by Rob FL on July 14, 2003 at 09:32:46:

The main benefit of real estate over paper assets in my opinion is CONTROL.

You can fix up a house or building and make it better condition. You can raise rents. You can treat tenants differently to make them stay longer and pay more. Etc.

You can’t do that with stocks, bonds, or annuities. Pretty much you take what you can get in those markets.

Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on July 13, 2003 at 10:51:27:

What are all of the Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate?

Re: Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 13, 2003 at 17:49:10:

There are no benefits whatsoever. Keep your job, invest in your 401K plan at work, and don’t compete with me.

Seriously though, I would suggest doing a little internet research on this. This is a very lengthy discussion. I have heard the benefits spelled out with the acronym I.D.E.A.L. I = income (cashflow from rent); D = depreciation; E = equity; A = appreciation; L = leverage.

Wealth, Income, Freedom, and - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 13, 2003 at 11:53:35:

The ability to help many people… All the things that come with the above…

It is simply being a purveryor of a product and service that is desired by many, and if you are good at doing so, you hold the secret to success for yourself and your family.

Of course not everyone is cut out for this business, as much as the infomercials seem to indicate otherwise. This business does require skills and application (which is a nice way of saying work, at times) of those skills.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN

This is not a question I will answer - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 13, 2003 at 11:36:03:

Ron-------------

Nice to talk to you.

You have a nice name, by the way.

However, this is a forum for short questions and answers. Your question does not, in my opinion, fit within that category.

I’d suggest you read my post for beginners by putting “beginners success” into the search function at the top of this main board of the CREONLINE.COM website. Then do as I suggest there to educate yourself.

Good InvestingRon Starr********

Re: Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on July 13, 2003 at 11:19:42:

I think if you want to know the answer to that, you should pick up a few books on the topic.

Re: Benefits/Advantages of owning Real Estate - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on July 14, 2003 at 06:23:38:

The question I posted certainly made me feel like a newbie by the responses I received…

I should have been a bit more clear with my question.
I own properties and am cash flowing on them nicely. I also have about $60k in equity between the two.

I guess I am just checking up on myself to make sure that I am making the most out of my investments.