Best approach for this deal, if a deal at all? - Posted by Ken - DC

Posted by Ken - DC on July 24, 2003 at 23:18:10:

Thanks guys for the advise. I’ve spent a couple of hours reviewing my books and this site and I just wanted to make sure that there was no way I could help this guy out… Ooops! I meant, make some make some money and help.

Best approach for this deal, if a deal at all? - Posted by Ken - DC

Posted by Ken - DC on July 24, 2003 at 21:09:04:

I talked to a motivated seller today who has a single family detached home in a rather bad area – I saw it today. He says he renovated about 6 months ago and he has Section 8 tenants in it who are giving him pure hell - tearing up the place.

He has 1st and 2nd mortgage on it totalling to about $75K. Apparently monthly payments are about $1100. My initial peek at comps gives a maximum of $80K if in perfect condition. Actually after talking with him a second time, he confessed that he had listed with a realtor a few months ago and couldn’t sell. Blamed it on the area/neighborhood (War Zone).

It gets worse, apparently, there are some repairs needed big time: it has a leak in the roof, tenants pulled out the sprouts from the gutters and the rain water flows down the walls of the house and into the house, as a result, serious floor and other damages. He says he’s in the process of evicting tenants.

When I first talked with him, he didn’t mention the extent of the repairs and so I had sold him on a lease option. I quickly went to see the property, just from outside and got a better understanding of the neighborhood. Liquor store on every corner, plenty boarded up houses, etc… You get the picture.

I am now reevaluating what strategy to approach this guy with. He is pretty much open to anything… that would take care of his payments, and/or save his credit. Ideas needed ASAP.

Drop it–like a hot potato. No Text - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 24, 2003 at 23:05:04:

NO TEXT

Re: Best approach for this deal, if a deal at all? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 24, 2003 at 22:11:39:

Run? don?t walk away from that one. PTI on $75k at pmts of $1,100 puts him at 17.5%.

In a War Zone with the repairs needed? ask yourself ?Why is this seller OPEN TO ANYTHING??