Best deal ever? - Posted by Briton

Posted by patsears on August 01, 2003 at 15:22:45:

No wonder Conseco went Bankrupt!

Best deal ever? - Posted by Briton

Posted by Briton on August 01, 2003 at 11:40:25:

What is your best MH deal ever? Whats the story behind it?

Re: Best deal ever? - Posted by chris ny

Posted by chris ny on August 01, 2003 at 16:53:36:

last month i bought a double wide from a park for a dollar. it needed some work. the people who had it last broke pipes and flooded one of the rooms when they were evicted. cool, huh? also, when i walked in i could not even tell what color the carpet was because there was so much garbage and clothes on the floor. other than that it was in pretty good shape. i planned on fixing it up but on the eight day i owned it i sold it for $4500 cash to a man calling on a different ad. all i had invested was six hours of clean up time and 2 trips to the dumpster. this deal would not have been possible without a great relationship w/ the park manager. i have learned that is everything. we have and will continue to work together on deals.

chris

Re: Best deal ever? - Posted by John

Posted by John on August 01, 2003 at 14:43:30:

I once bought a conseco repo for 4,000 paid 300 in back taxes and spent 1800 moving it to my park. All said I had a total of 6500 in the home. I sold the home for 12,900 and the guy got finanacing through conseco. The guy only made 2 payments in 6 months and the home was repo’d. I bought the home back from conseco for 4000 and resold it 2 months later for a quick sale of 10,000. I had a profit on that home of
16400. All this in a total of 8 months. I wish they all worked like that.

John