Best place to find out how the rental market is - Posted by Carson

Posted by Tim on August 14, 2005 at 17:46:59:

You might consider focusing your energy on a specific area. A good candidate is someplace near where you live or work.

Look up the names of the property management companies in the area, and give them a call. Tell them what you want to know, and ask them if they can help. It’s amazing how willing people are to help you when you ask for it.

There are companies that list rentals on the internet. This can help to give you a good idea of what properties rent for.

If you can, keep a notebook in your car, and write down the address, and phone number on every for rent sign in or near your targeted area. Give them a call. You could pose as a potential renter. You could also do what I’ve done and just tell them that you are interested in real estate investing, and just tell them that you are trying to learn about the area. If they’re rude, then have somebody call later to get the information. You might be pleasantly suprised at how willing they are to chat with you. They may be flattered by your eagerness to get their point of view, and become a valuable learning tool for you.

The entire process is a learning process. If you enjoy learning new things, you’ll do well.

Best place to find out how the rental market is - Posted by Carson

Posted by Carson on August 13, 2005 at 23:03:46:

Im thinking about getting started with getting my first investment property but i dont know how the rental market is right now. Whats the best way to find out how things are and if i can keep a place rented right now?

thanks