Best Quality Double Wide? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Robert J. Ormsby on January 25, 2001 at 10:28:49:

I have previously looked at one of your Double Wide units model #4643 Size 28X68 but did not get any specifics on the way it was built. Is it possible to get this information? I cannot get this from the dealer as there is no website and it is 1000 miles away. Thank you for your time.

Best Quality Double Wide? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on November 07, 2000 at 08:42:09:

Please provide your input as to what you consider the best quality (low maintenance, well insulated, good resale value, etc.) double wide mobile home on the market today.

Re: Best Quality Double Wide? - Posted by cc

Posted by cc on November 21, 2000 at 23:07:23:

Look for manufactures that make Mods and zone 3 homes. I like Liberty (NC) homes for looks and quality. I can not sell them becouse of the high cost. I also like Apple Valley (GA). They are priced low and are good sellers. The quality is high for the price.

Re: Best Quality Double Wide? - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on November 07, 2000 at 10:46:35:

It will depend on your region to some extent. In the NC area, R-Nell and Gold Medal (both recently bought by American Homestar, so who knows for the future) are top of the line. Palm Harbor and Clayton are pretty good. Unless you want total cr*p, stay away from Redman. Every day is Monday with their workers.