Best ways to SELL QUICK? - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Jerry on March 01, 2001 at 15:06:20:

Why “imply”? It’s using special code words that will be interpreted differently by different people. Why should I make an offer by Sunday? Just come right out and say what’s going on. Why risk misinterpretation, and the possibility of missing a buyer? To save a few dollars on the ad? Bad idea.

Best ways to SELL QUICK? - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on February 28, 2001 at 21:06:03:

WE have been able to buy some really good homes as fair prices but need to move some inventory. Any good ideas with some creative ads and creative ways to sell homes. Maybe I am trying some things but open to new ideas.

Re: Best ways to SELL QUICK? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 01, 2001 at 07:28:15:

Bill my Friend!!!
Wish your were coming to Atlanta! I will miss talking to you, or should I say picking your brain. smile
I use the same type of ad that Michael uses.
Wonderful 3/2
Great neighborhood
LOW DOWN with OWNER FINANCING
CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX
The phone will ring off of the hook. I always put the complete address, leave the window blinds up (so they can look in, if it’s vacant)telling them to drive by and then call me. I also tell them that scarred credit is ok if they are willing to work at cleaning it up. All this is on an answering machine with the details about the house. I have a waiting list of people, just not enough houses to sell!
Great Success my friend,
Dee-Texas

Ad we use to get phone to ring… - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on February 28, 2001 at 21:38:47:

Bill:
A surefire way to move “inventory” is to offer to finance the sale. It draws SOOOO many more potential buyers out of the woodwork and gets your property more exposure. Seller financing is a great marketing and financing tool.

Here is the Ad we’ve used successfully in 3 states:

$$$ down, $$$ per month
OWNER WILL FINANCE
NO Bank needed / or No Bank Qualifying
Lovely, 3/2 call today!

You explain to the callers that even though NO traditonal bank financing is involved you must still know details surrounding their credit, credit scores, employment issues, etc.

Its a screening mechanism, of the 20 phone calls you may get, really 2-3 will have suitable credit so that can take back a seller financed note and mortgage and then easily liquidate that “paper” for cash (we love these deals)

To your success,
Michael Morrongiello

New Ad Technique - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on March 01, 2001 at 10:12:36:

I am thinking about using this ad on the next property.

Perfect 3 BR, Little Down, No Banks Needed,
Make Me Your Offer By Sunday. 9999999

Some buyers don’t know what Owner Will Finance Means.

The make me your offer part is a modified version taken from a book by Bill Effrey, “How To Sell Your Home IN 5 Days.”

Disclose interest rate?.. - Posted by GM

Posted by GM on March 01, 2001 at 14:17:53:

With ads like this, is it not a legal requirement that interest rate and other disclosure of terms be made whenever a payment is stated? If so, can you let voice mail (sort of an extension to the ad) give all the disclosures before talking to the prospect and still be in compliance with the law, or does it need to be in the written part of the ad?

Re: New Ad Technique - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 01, 2001 at 16:50:54:

Your right about some not knowing what owner financing means. BUT with the houses in good neighborhoods, I WANT buyers to call me that KNOW what owner financing means.
Just my thoughts,
Dee-Texas

Re: New Ad Technique - Posted by Tony (CA)

Posted by Tony (CA) on March 01, 2001 at 14:29:04:

A technique I’ve seen work quite successfully was an ad that said:

3BR/2BA Home sold on Sunday to highest bidder. Bidding starts at $239,000.

The price is low for the area. The woman wound up selling for $279,000 that weekend. When I went to the house in the afternoon there were lots of lookers/bidders.

Tony

Re: I don’t like it - Posted by Jerry

Posted by Jerry on March 01, 2001 at 14:05:04:

“Make me your offer by Sunday”

I’d like to command every looker to do this. Just doesn’t work that way. What’s their incentive to do as you command? It’s just a waste of newsprint this way, and may very well turn away buyers. Not good.

its up to you… - Posted by Tom Saine

Posted by Tom Saine on March 02, 2001 at 23:10:30:

Don’t put a payment in your AD, if that is a concern of yours. eg. $4,000 down, owner will finance,…

or put an approx. payment in your AD; eg. $4,000 down, approx. $500.00 per month, Owner will finance,

Disclose if you want to… - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 02, 2001 at 10:49:52:

GM:
I am not an attorney so with regard to “legal” issues I can only offer my opinion.

There may be disclosure requirements if you are in the “Financing business” or Real Estate buiness to provide APR,etc. however for most property sellers or entrepeneurs this not a neccessity. If a caller asks what the interest rate is I tell them.

When you meet with your prospective buyers you can have a hand out to give to them that outlines more specific terms for them regarding the financing you as a seller would be offering.

If you feel you want to also include what the interest rate would be, and other terms go ahead.

To your success,
Michael Morrongiello

Re: New Ad Technique - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on March 01, 2001 at 17:36:36:

This one came right out of “how to sell your home in 5 day.”

Re: I don’t like it - Posted by Will (ATL)

Posted by Will (ATL) on March 01, 2001 at 14:52:16:

“Make me your offer by Sunday” implies that you are a motivated seller…which you are. As a buyer, I actually look for ads like this in the classifieds. Your almost guaranteed a motivated seller.

Re: New Ad Technique - Posted by Tony (CA)

Posted by Tony (CA) on March 02, 2001 at 21:26:07:

Yes, and it worked.