Best ways to use money - Posted by Mark (OK)

Posted by Rick Wheat on February 02, 2001 at 06:41:03:

to HIRE some Bird-Dogs to scout for houses for you. Let them bring in deals, you pay them for the leads, and put the deals together.

This precludes that you know what to do with the leads when you get them. Don’t be like the dog chasing the car, saying “Now What???” when a deal comes up. You have to be able to create a way to make a profit from what they bring in.

Study the material you are receiving, then put it to work. Remember, this isn’t a “Get Rich Quick” scheme, but you can get rich if you APPLY what you learn.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Rick Wheat
rick@rwcproperties.com

Best ways to use money - Posted by Mark (OK)

Posted by Mark (OK) on February 01, 2001 at 23:06:55:

I am totally inexperienced. Still waiting on my educational materials to arrive in the mail actually…

But, I am in a fortunate position that I currently have a good income and a fair amount of money that I can use (if required) in some deals.

I know that I am an inexpericed rookie, but I want to hunt BIG GAME!!! I don’t want to Bird-Dog. My time is actually pretty valuable (I write software and get paid hourly).

Soooooo… Since I have a little mula, and good credit, what areas should I look at that would be the biggest bang for the time (or buck…)

I realize that I could easily get in over my head, but I have contacts that can give me reality checks on property values, etc…

Thanks for the advice!

Mark

Re: Best ways to use money - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 02, 2001 at 21:25:11:

To add to the bird dog scenario, hire someone to surf the net for FSBOs. Send emails or cards. Do lease options, subject to or Pactrusts. May not be as big as money as rehabs and may take a little longer but that one shotgun blast can bring down a number of them little birds.

I agree with Rick and . . . - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on February 02, 2001 at 10:02:29:

To take Rick’s position one step further and more generally . . .

Spend your cash on (in the following order):

1. marketing to bring in customers
  2. education
  3. things that bring you a discount (like a mobile home for 25% of its value).

Try NEVER to use it for down payments unless you have to.