bidding wars - Posted by GG (Ga)

Posted by CAW (OR) on February 25, 2002 at 23:57:46:

I am not quite sure what the problem is. Do husband and wife know they are bidding against each other? They will find out soon if they don’t know already.

The park will have some sort of standards about who can occupy the unit and probably have some sort of guidelines as to the number of occupants. Do the husband and wife intend to sell their existing home? If not and the brother and his family are going to be in the new one, that doesn’t sound like necessarily too many people.

I think we need more facts.

bidding wars - Posted by GG (Ga)

Posted by GG (Ga) on February 25, 2002 at 22:29:17:

We purchased an extremely nasty 16x52 1987 Liberty for $500. Have about 1200 in it so far and will need another 700-1000 put in it before we’re finished. We were offered 6000 (when finished) on Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon the lady across the street wants to know about renting it.
This afternoon we were offered 7000.
Here’s the problem: My two cash bidders are husband and wife! They both say they have to have this trailer. Brother is coming from Mexico and needs place to live, their trailer is about 12x65 and they have 2 kids, brother and his family would make too many people in home for this park. Can I ethically deal with them? I feel a little funny about this.