bill bronchick or options expert - Posted by race

Posted by JPiper on January 16, 2000 at 11:05:18:

I?ve noticed you asking this question in the past?evidently you haven?t received an answer. The reason undoubtedly is that it?s a complicated question?and really needs to be answered by a securities lawyer based on your exact proposed activities.

But subject to those conditions, I would first say that optioning a mortgage from a lender does not require a securities license.

The problem I have is when you say ?sell to an investor.? If that investor is an institutional type investor?like American Note, Metropolitan Mortgage, etc then you wouldn?t need a securities license.

On the other hand, if you?re running an ad in the newspaper soliciting the public in order to sell a mortgage?you are asking a very different question, and a complicated question at that. For an answer to this particular aspect of this question, call a securities lawyer in your state?each state has their own blue sky laws.

By the way, your question isn’t an option question…it’s a securities question.


bill bronchick or options expert - Posted by race

Posted by race on January 16, 2000 at 09:37:44:

is a securities license needed to option a mortgage from a
lender, then sell to an investor???