Bill Bronchick's hacker problem posted below... - Posted by Daniel Lubell

Posted by Laure on June 16, 2000 at 20:38:24:

I understand that, at least in the past, most viruses were attatched to .exe files. Besides, I enjoy a good chuckle now and then

Laure :slight_smile:

Bill Bronchick’s hacker problem posted below… - Posted by Daniel Lubell

Posted by Daniel Lubell on June 16, 2000 at 13:01:58:

Now that I think about it…

I had sent Bill and a number of my other friends a joke, which is something I do from time to time. I recieved a response from some guy named
Stanley Gaskins (email address: stangas25@hotmail.com). Here is the
response:

Hi,

I don’t want no stinking chainletters!

F**** off

At this point, I did not know who Stanley was, or how he got this copy of my joke, so I replied with:

Stanley,

I don’t know who you are, but you absolutely should not be upset with me.
I sent this joke to a a few of my friends. Apparently, one of my friends sent it to someone else, who copied it to you, thus the start of what you
thought was a chain letter. All I can say is that sometimes happens on the internet, but it was not intended to be that way. Just out of curiosity,
who sent it to you?

Dan

Stanley replied with this:

Hi,

you did, I just read every mail you send to Bronchick, so I figured I’d reply for him.

I didn’t think anything of this at the time, since it was a political joke and I assumed that Stanley was Bill’s webmaster or somebody that screened all of his mail who had differing political opinions than me.

On second thought, though, it is a very innapropriate response. It is all starting to make more sense now.

Dan Lubell

Good Point here. QUIT sending jokes to everyone!! - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on June 16, 2000 at 13:21:19:

One pet peeve on the internet is that everyone loves to send JOKES to everyone.

That’s why the first place a person hides a worm or virus is in a joke.

So STOP sending them to everyone.

Bill G.