Blue Vase Award - Posted by drew

Posted by P on March 09, 1999 at 10:21:04:

asked around, found the owner’s name and called him, explaining how very important
it would be for his boss to have this blue vase for a gift, etc.
The owner came to the shop, and that’s when the young man found out that the
vase wasn’t even paid for yet. He worked out a payment arrangement for the vase and as the Bosses home was quite a distance away, he got rides, walked miles, etc
and just before 7:30 reached the house.
The butler answered the door and saw the young man and asked him to come to the
parlor to wait for the boss.
A few minutes later, the boss arrives and said, "young man, I must confess something to you. Tonight is not my anniversary, I’m not even married. You are
the first person who has applied for the position, and there has been quite a few,
that ever was able to complete the task I set forth for you.
You are exactly the type of person I want on my team.

You see, Drew, Terry Vaughn, did a very emotional energetic presentation, and perhaps some of

Blue Vase Award - Posted by drew

Posted by drew on March 09, 1999 at 08:14:08:

First, I would like to thank the Vaughn’s, the speakers, and the wonderful people I met this weekend. The energy was contagious and now I can’t stop the ideas from running through my mind no matter what I do. Being around a group of people that think the way I do (better actually!) was a wonderful, thrilling experience.

Unfortunately, my departure time did not allow me to stay for the Blue Vase Award presentation and I would love to know who received it and hear/read their story. Would one of you please take a moment to post a Reader’s Digest version of this years award for those of us that were absent?

Many Thanks!

-drew

(Andrew Pugh, Greenbelt Md)

Re: Blue Vase Award - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 09, 1999 at 19:56:41:

I have read the book about 10 times. It is entitled “The Go-Getter” by Peter B. Kyne. It was published in the 1920’s. Excellent story. Everyone should read it many many times.

Re: Last try. at finishing post… - Posted by P

Posted by P on March 09, 1999 at 10:32:46:

He walked miles to the store, and upon reaching it, found that it was closed. So he
asked around, found the owner’s name and called him, explaining how very important
vase wasn’t even paid for yet. He worked out a payment arrangement for the vase and as the Bosses home was quite a distance away, he got rides, walked miles, etc
and just before 7:30 reached the house. The butler answered the door and saw the young man and asked him to come to the parlor to wait for the boss. A few minutes later, the boss arrives and said, "young man, I must confess something to you. Tonight is not my anniversary, I’m not even married. You are the first person who has applied for the position,(and there has been quite a few),that ever was able to complete the task I set forth for you. You are exactly the type of person I want on my team. Terry Vaughn, did a very emot

Re: Correction on Below post - Posted by P

Posted by P on March 09, 1999 at 10:08:21:

2nd try, for some reason all of the post did not print below.
The Blue Vase Award Story goes as follows (By my memory. of it…)
One day a young man applied for a JOB one Friday. The new boss after agreeing to hire the young man said, "Would you mind doing me a favor? You see, tomorrow is my anniversary and my wife has been admiring a Blue Vase in a store in town but with my meetings, etc I just haven’t had a moment to get it, I’d really appreciate it if you could pick it up and bring it to my house tomorrow night, Saturday, at 7:30 PM
Well, the young man had walked to the job interview, was completely broke, but agreed willingly to do this for his new boss.
He walked miles to the store, and upon reaching it, found that it was closed. So he
vase wasn’t even

Re: Correction on Below post - Posted by P

Posted by P on March 09, 1999 at 10:05:48:

2nd try, for some reason all of the post did not print below.
One day a young man applied for a JOB one Friday. The new boss after agreeing to hire the young man said, "Would you mind doing me a favor? You see, tomorrow is my anniversary and my wife has been admiring a Blue Vase in a store in town but with my meetings, etc I just haven’t had a moment to get it, I’d really appreciate it if you could pick it up and bring it to my house tomorrow night, Saturday, at 7:30 PM
Well, the young man had walked to the job interview, was completely broke, but agreed willingly to do this for his new boss.
vase wasn’t even

Re: Blue Vase Award - Posted by Patricia

Posted by Patricia on March 09, 1999 at 09:57:51:

(for some reason the 1st try to post (below?) did not completely print, here is try #2

The owner came to the shop, and that’s when the young man found out that

Re: Blue Vase Award - Posted by Patricia

Posted by Patricia on March 09, 1999 at 09:32:28:

Steve Cook won the Blue Vase Award for overcoming obstacles, setting his goals and taking action, an accomplishing creative real estate transactions.

The ow