Board of Realtors Contract - Posted by Larry

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 08, 2006 at 19:45:14:

so join the club, become a Realtor and then their trademarked and copyrighted contract forms will be available to you too.

Board of Realtors Contract - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on April 08, 2006 at 17:32:14:

Where would one be able to get a bill of sale contract with the Board of Realtors logo on it if my city Board of Realtors don’t sell them to the public? I live in KY.

Ask a local Realtor - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on April 10, 2006 at 06:52:20:

One advantage to having the commonly used contract for your area is that attorneys, title companies, judges, etc are familiar with it and prefer to see it.

You can use it and add anything you want to it to make it friendly to your side of the deal. I got to know my local realtor’s contract very well by making many low offers on listed properties (junkers). I figured out quickly the three things I needed to add to make it MY contract.

I ended up using the contract myself, with no realtors involved, but I removed the realtor’s logo.

If you want the contract just for the realtor’s logo, then you run the risk of getting caught and getting your wrist slapped (severity depends on your local board of realtors). I don’t suggest you represent yourself as something you are not. It’s a bad way to build a relationship with a buyer or seller.

Anne

Re: Board of Realtors Contract - Posted by Charles Parrish

Posted by Charles Parrish on April 09, 2006 at 15:34:01:

Why would you want that contract of sale form? Your best contract is the one you create yourself to dictate your needs and terms.

Their contract does not have, delayed settlement, right to extend, right to assign, third party assignment, right of possession, right to re-market and all the other great clauses that pros use.

Charles