Boat notes? - Posted by JTB

Posted by JTB on August 29, 2005 at 12:42:31:

John – thanks for your thoughtful response, it helps a lot. I was wondering if you had any insight on the relative safety (or lack therof) of properly securitized boat/marine notes. I was thinking that given the fact of the boats possibility of literally sinking, damage in storms, etc. that any marine notes would reasonably demand a deeper discount when purchasing to offset the greater risk even before taking into account the credit profile of the note payor. Anybody with experience here have any thoughts on this?

Boat notes? - Posted by JTB

Posted by JTB on June 30, 2005 at 15:20:50:

Anybody have any success or failure with boat notes? Any suggestions as to playing it safe with these? Just wondering as there are boats everywhere in my area.

Talk to a boat dealer - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on August 27, 2005 at 19:44:28:

Boat dealers in your area would be good resources for this info as they know what’s going on in the water and on the dock there.

One of the advantages of boat financing is the national register for boat loans & liens.

Evey time I pick up a Boats for Sale or similar I’m struck with puzzlement about why so few boat seller individuals even appear to think about carrying boat paper…and I know a big yacht that has lingered in Tacoma area for months because seller wants all cash, whereas if he were willing to do a seller carryback he might move that floater in days or weeks.