Boilerplate forms--where to find? - Posted by Will

Posted by DoubleJ on July 13, 2005 at 18:51:25:

I have seen most people recommend trying your local Staples, or office supply store for the state specific purchase and sale contracts.

The only reason I went to a Realtor for mine, is because my father in law is one.

Best of luck to you.

Boilerplate forms–where to find? - Posted by Will

Posted by Will on July 13, 2005 at 17:32:03:

Where do folks get their forms they use for conducting real estate business? I’ve got a rental agreement contract that I spent some time writing up and running by an attorney. I’ve also got a good rental application form.

But my Sales Contract, honestly, is cheesy. I’d say my Assignment of Contract form needs work. Finally, I don’t even really have an Authorization to Release form, which I am going to need soon.

Am I going to have to buy some course or some set of contracts? Or does anybody know of anyplace where they can be downloaded very inexpensively or for free?

It’s not that I’m so opposed to shelling out money for something that I KNOW is important. But it also seems kind of funny to pay for something in such wide use. Do better contracts add value to a transaction? Probably. But I’m not looking for custom jobs or a re-invention of the wheel.

Re: Boilerplate forms–where to find? - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 14, 2005 at 03:07:38:

state specfic forms can be bought thru this site or legalwiz.com

Re: Boilerplate forms–where to find? - Posted by Cletus

Posted by Cletus on July 13, 2005 at 18:46:49:

Hi Will,

I use a roll of Charmen. I find the big roll will last for a couple of deals, so that’s what I get. And a Sharpie felt tip pen, those ball-points just tear the paper. I just write the deal up using as many big words as I can think of, and my pidgeons, er I mean buyers or sellers (I always get those two confused) just have to sign them. A word of caution here, you have to be careful not to have any perforations in the area where they put the big X, it just rips the paper and you have to start all over again.

I’m just kidding of course, I don’t really buy the big roll.

:wink:

Re: Boilerplate forms–where to find? - Posted by DoubleJ

Posted by DoubleJ on July 13, 2005 at 18:19:40:

What state are you in ?

I got my state specific contract for free from a realtor.

As far as assigment forms, and an authorization form, just email me and I will send you a copy.

Got my crayon ready for the - Posted by DoubleJ

Posted by DoubleJ on July 13, 2005 at 18:52:42:

Assignement addendum on a paper towel. None of that generic stuff either, I have Bounty ( the quicker fixer upper )

Re: Boilerplate forms–where to find? - Posted by Will

Posted by Will on July 13, 2005 at 18:25:17:

An agent! I suppose I should have thought of that. I’m still trying to get past my fear that agents are not to be trusted. I’ve actually worked with two of them recently that I thought were pretty good after meeting a couple of real snakes.

Actually, I’ve got a contract for an offer I just had that was not accepted. The agent mailed me back the contract. It would take a while, but I could re-type it if I had to.

I’m in Kansas, by the way.