Books on Property Management? - Posted by Joel D

Posted by AllanE -NC on June 05, 2000 at 07:50:30:

I just heard about this site.

Check out Jeffrey Taylor’s “Mr. Landlord” website at

Books on Property Management? - Posted by Joel D

Posted by Joel D on June 04, 2000 at 21:08:15:

Hello, I am slowly getting closer to putting my first offers in and now I am starting to worry about how I am going to handle managing my first properties. So far I have gotten a lot of info on this business from books and I am wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for books on management.

Also, how large do you have to be before it makes sense to have a professional managment company look over your properties? How much does it generally cost?

Thanks in advance -

Joel

Re: Priceless Wisdom in Property Management - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on June 05, 2000 at 10:26:26:

Jeffery Taylor is great and Wright Thurston’s ‘Fair but firm Landlording Techniques’ Thoes are the ones I loved.I think you should manage the properties your self at first because you are going to need the experience to even manage the managers! It is priceless experience! I have been through things that I would have preferred that I would have never gone through but the wisdom it brought is priceless. Lori

Re: Books on Property Management? - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on June 05, 2000 at 08:03:44:

Joel,
I agree the Mr. Landlord site is good. I also got several good ideas from a book by Mike and Irene Milin many years ago. Don’t quote me, but I think it’s something like “How to Buy and Manage Rental Properties”. Another one I got some good ideas from was by someone named Perry (I think Greg was the first name). I’m at work and don’t have the particulars, but that should be enough info. Hope that helps…