Books - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by lyal on November 14, 2000 at 07:32:38:

Mason,
Others here will get tired of me saying this but…I think mobiles are the BEST place to start an RE investing career. Mobiles can be an investing philosophy in and of itself or a stepping stone to a broader approach.
The reason its a good place to start, in my opinion, is that its hard to get hurt badly. If you really screw up a deal, chances are you’ll at least break even. It gets you in the trenches, talking to people, building a network etc. All these things are extremely important to RE investing. It helps you learn to “walk the walk”. Additionally you can use the income that you build as a platform to support other investing activities.
All the best, Lyal

PS: Sorry I missed the chance to meet y’all at the seminar but I had to make a choice between that and the lender’s seminar. I’ll be soaking up Terry and Ed’s wisdom this week-end.

Books - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by MasonNV on November 13, 2000 at 23:31:43:

would anyone care to nominate a good “first read” when it comes to investing in mobile homes??? I am familiar with RE in general, but am looking for MH specific strategies. Where do I start.

Thanks

Mason

Re: Books - Posted by Karl (OH)

Posted by Karl (OH) on November 13, 2000 at 23:45:40:

Deals on Wheels by Lonnie Scruggs is the book most of us here first read on mobile home investing. The best $30 you’ll ever spend. You can order it on this site.

Karl Kleiner

Re: Books - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by MasonNV on November 14, 2000 at 24:46:10:

Thanks Karl – After a quick look around, I kinda figured that was the one to get.

Question 2 – Is mobile homes a good place to start with REI all together. I’m young, and looking to build an empire.

Mason