boot camp hotel reservations - Posted by Brenda (OH)

Posted by roundhouse on April 14, 2007 at 11:13:10:

Last year we stayed at the one across the road, it was about half price of the motel the bootcamp is held at.

boot camp hotel reservations - Posted by Brenda (OH)

Posted by Brenda (OH) on April 13, 2007 at 08:04:44:

Hello folks,

are the boot camp organizers looking into getting a block of rooms at one of the hotels? I made hotel reservations, but they said I would be allowed to change them if the group gets a package deal at a lower rate.

I could not swing the price at the hotel that the event is at, I am going to be at the lower rate one across the parking lot, unless we can get a real good deal!!

so looking forward to the bootcamp, unless I still have not finished and sold one of my first three “MH rehab learning projects”!!!

I am getting faster at making decisions, hiring out work etc., because I really want to do this business long term.
I just have to get used to surprises, like unsalvagable water heaters (I now it is a bad sign if a drained water heater “weighs too much” it probably is full of sediment!)

I also need to adopt a motto, something like, “safe and livable, but not necessarily gorgeous”!

and I am learning to love the Kilz white primer look!

B

Share a room? - Posted by Donna in AZ

Posted by Donna in AZ on April 13, 2007 at 10:41:05:

Brenda, would you be interested in sharing a room? From Jerry’s response it sounds like there are still rooms left at the Double Tree.

Donna in AZ

Re: boot camp hotel reservations - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on April 13, 2007 at 09:01:45:

Hello Brenda,

We had blocked a number of rooms at the DoubleTree Inn (where the event is being held) but that block may have been filled already.

Because we keep these groups small and offer spousal and alumni discounts as well as a number of hotel options for people to stay, the ability to accurately predict the number of rooms to block is difficult. For example, spouses obviously take up one hotel room but two seats in the class. Alumni often get together to split rooms which means two or more may be in the class but staying in one room. Then others prefer certain hotels or the Sleep Inn which is on the same property but less expensive.

Each room we block that goes unfilled is a fixed expense to us. We try and keep the boot camp is inexpensive as we can for everyone and if you have seen the prices of other boot camps you will know what I mean (wow, some can be quite a financial commitment). The better able we are to control expenses, the less we have to charge for the boot camp.

This is why we block some rooms and provide a number of hotel alternatives. People are often able to apply their own discounts to lower costs even more.

I don’t know if this helps but sometimes I find an explaination of why people do or don’t do things helps out. I have often wondered aloud, “why don’t ‘they’ do this or do that,” only to find that once I was on the other side of the table there were hidden reasons.

As for boot camp organizers… well your looking at em. Just Scott and I, that’s it. No staff. We do everthing from answering the phones, making the calls, shipping, preparing and speaking. Heck if we could drive a bus we might do that on the tour as well! (If/when you see our mountain roads you will be quite thankful we coughed up the money for a pro).

Blue collar is more than our theme song! See you in August Brenda.

Tony

Re: boot camp hotel reservations - Posted by Jerry-WA

Posted by Jerry-WA on April 13, 2007 at 09:15:12:

Tony,
Can you please repost the hotel info? We want to make our resv’s. Thanks.
Jerry

Never mind, I found 'em. - Posted by Jerry-WA

Posted by Jerry-WA on April 13, 2007 at 09:25:40:

And by the way, there are rooms left. Thanks.