Boot Camp Query - Posted by Bert G

Posted by rICK w. on February 18, 2000 at 04:26:16:

Bootcamps teach a much more in depth, advanced level of training than can be learned from just books and tapes. It accelerates the pace that you achieve your goals. It’s a little like s_ _, reading books and listening to tapes about it just can’t come close to the live “hands on” action.

I may be a little biased (I’m an instructor at Ron LeGrands Bootcamps and work on his Hotline), but I can tell you this - the results we see from our student/customers after their training are tremendous. I get to read the letters and take the phone calls from people who have gone out and completed their first deal. Some of them nearly bring tears to my eyes. That’s the reason I keep this part of my career. Their excitement, their enthusiasm, their feeling of finally seeing the pathway to success, that’s better than any paycheck could provide.

I realize I could make much more money for myself if I was a full time investor and didn’t commit so much time to working the events and the Hotline, but I have learned what Zig Ziglar professes - the best way to become successful is to help other people become successful. It works.

Boot Camp Query - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on February 17, 2000 at 18:34:22:

Hi. I posted also on NGII, but I see more of the “More Experienced Big Time High Rollers” over here on this side.

My question is about Boot Camps, mainly for those who have
been to a few and have a basis for comparison. (If you’ve never been to one, how do you know which are good?)

I’ve decided that its time to take the next step in my REI education and attend a boot camp sometime this year. BUT there are so many to choose from, and I can’t do them all, at least right away. Ron LeGrand alone has a half-dozen, not counting the 1-day workshops.

Of all the bootcamps you’ve attended, which were the most helpful, or would you consider most helpful to a “just past beginner” investor? Assume some REI experience, but other than that a bootcamp virgin. Or are any of them even worth considering?

I’ve studied LeGrand’s 3-course trilogy, Bonchick’s asset protection & L/O stuff, and of course “Grandpa Carleton’s” material. So far I’ve just bought properties to rent & hold, nothing particularly creative.

Thanx
BG

Re: Boot Camp Query - Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila)

Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila) on February 19, 2000 at 07:17:17:

Bert:
I guess you might think of me as an advanced beginner. I presently own 29 units and will be more than doubling that next month when I buy 34 more. I understand your reason for thinking of attending a boot camp as I had given it some thought at one time or another. First though I am wondering if you belong to a local real estate group that meets every month. I have been a member of a local group for more than 10 years and have found it a source of constant motivation. A real estate group is in a good, inexpensive source of good information and it is a great way to stay motivated as you are constantly exposed to other investors and get to hear about their deals. I don’t know when I started giving back to the group but I just dropped of the board of directors last year after serving as a board member for 7 years. Just a thought.