Borrow, don't borrow, borrow, don't borrow....AHHHHH! - Posted by Amy

Re: Risk is relative and only a perception. - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 22, 1999 at 23:39:26:

Great post.

JPiper

Let me use other people’s money! - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on May 22, 1999 at 17:19:39:

I think he was trying to build a case for using his own money and dealing with “riskiness”. I guess he won’t be showing up next week in Atlanta for your bootcamp.

Let me use somebody else’s money anytime especially in RE!

Re: Borrow, don’t borrow - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 22, 1999 at 23:31:16:

Just to set the record straight…my original post in this thread was adressed to Amy…who started the thread. No where in my post did I mention you, refer to you, or attack you. Re-read the post.

JPiper

Re: Borrow, don’t borrow - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on May 22, 1999 at 19:38:21:

Why do you think you wouldn’t be liable by using a private lender?? They can report to your credit just like any bank can. On the other hand if you have a private lender that is that stupid to lend you money without holding you liable to pay it back then by all means use him/her. Care to share who this idiot is??

If you don’t have a buyer lined up at the time you ran across a deal that is good and you can’t tie it up with an option or a delayed closing to buy yourself time and HAD to come up with cash to close fast, are you saying you wouldn’t do the deal then, even if you could borrow the money from a bank? You would rather just walk away than be liable for a bank loan?

Lets assume your timing is off and a deal presents itself to you where the profit to be made is to good. All options are not available at the moment except one. That is to borrow the money from a bank where you would have to personally sign for the loan. What do you do?? Walk away or do the deal??