BOUGHT 2300 SQ FT, SELLING 1300 - Posted by CHERYL WAYBRANT

Posted by John on March 23, 2006 at 20:44:27:

What did you do with the other 1000 sq ft?
Who is they?
When you bought the property what did the tax records show. What led you to believe there was more sq ft than what you actually had? How many Sq ft do you actually have? There are several reasons for a difference; tax records could be wrong, an un permitted addition was added and county records are not up to date, or simply a typo. Start by measuring your proprerty to see what you have.

BOUGHT 2300 SQ FT, SELLING 1300 - Posted by CHERYL WAYBRANT

Posted by CHERYL WAYBRANT on March 23, 2006 at 11:40:23:

MY HUSBAND AND I BOUGHT A HOME WITH 2300 SQUARE FEET AND WE ARE NOW SELLING IT AND THEY ARE TELLING US WE ONLY HAVE 1300 FT, IS THIS REALESTATE FRAD??

I’m guessing but… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 28, 2006 at 22:31:01:

it might be that the lower level sqft was incorrectly counted in the 2,300 sqft figure but only 1,300 is truly above grade.

Assessments often include all finished space, whereas appraisers are only allowed to count finished space above grade. This causes confusion not only among owners, sellers and buyers but often even their agents.

I went thru a house today listed at 7,700 sqft. The brochure and the agent said so. Truth of the mater is 1/3 is below grade and the true sqft is overestimated by 1/3, makes a diferrence, at least to me.