Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Bob Smith on April 29, 2007 at 22:17:11:

Oh, that one! One of many of Brent’s posts I saved.

Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on April 26, 2007 at 22:26:13:

After reading a post below it got me thinking about the posts that helped me the most and posters I always looked for. I use to visit this forum almost hourly starting in about 99 I believe up through about 2005 and just started coming back again to catch up and see what is going on in the world of Creonline.

Brent_IL always had a different approach to his posts and it somehow “clicked” with me more than when other people would say something similar. I remember a while back he had health problems and doing a search in the archives it seems he hasn’t posted in quite a while. Anyone know what happened to him? Is he still going strong investing?

Re: Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Bob Smith

Posted by Bob Smith on April 29, 2007 at 06:56:17:

I had a brief email conversation with him a couple of years ago. He never said what his health problems were, and was very private when it came to the specifics of how his business operated. If you take the time to understand his posts you’ll see he did business in a very different way. It wouldn’t surprise me if he stopped posting just to avoid liability if anybody actually tried what he was posting about.

And why are so many… - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on April 26, 2007 at 22:33:15:

…of his posts not found when you click on them? Is it an archive problem or are they gone forever?

Re: Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on April 29, 2007 at 13:08:11:

Yeah, he really didn’t like talking in depth about his process but if you read his posts you can get a good idea of how he conducted business. He was afraid of people misinterpreting what he was saying and being the cause of trouble, he made that pretty clear.

I know a couple years ago he posted his “Treatise” post on Jan. 1st around the year 2000, maybe 01, 02? And in it he sounded as if he wasn’t really investing anymore due to deferred health maintenance as he put it and mentioned he was trying to write up what he does and how he does it in case his wife has to tend to his affairs so she will know what he was doing.

Anyway, hopefully he is in good health and just not posting anymore. I do miss his posts though.

Re: Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Bob Smith

Posted by Bob Smith on April 29, 2007 at 15:09:01:

Treatise? What was that one about? As I recall he had his business so obfuscated by entities and trusts that if he died nobody could have unraveled it without documentation.

Re: Brent_IL, whatever happened to him? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on April 29, 2007 at 18:44:38:

You can find it here: http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2003//arc_43/43449.html

It was something he was doing at the time sort of I believe and is a unique approach to getting started.