broker - Posted by K Grant

Posted by Stephen on September 17, 2003 at 12:53:08:

K Grant,

I’ve heard that these programs are not worth the money at all. I’m not sure where you are located, but here in Texas, mortgage brokers must be licensed just like real estate agents. If you really want to be a mortgage broker, I would recommend taking correspondence courses through a local college. Most places that provide real estate training provide mortgage broker training as well.

Good luck!

broker - Posted by K Grant

Posted by K Grant on September 17, 2003 at 12:40:34:

I am interested in becoming a mortgage broker. I can’t find anything on it in the library but have found two companies, Wes-state and PFA that allow you to fund deals through net-branching.

Can anyone tell me their experience with these two companies or any other? Their fee is around $150.00 to obtain materials to study and work. Is there another company that will allow a home based business?


Re: broker - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Trevor on September 17, 2003 at 16:31:31:


Contact your local secretary of state about aquiring a brokers license. They will instruct you on the process.