Brokers Licensing Question, DBA? - Posted by Wally

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on January 12, 2004 at 18:16:58:

I prefer a DBA, as it gives the appearance of another entity. It is real cheap in my state, and the name can be changed in the future if desired.

I am me. I work for the company, that is me too but we may not always say it just that way. When negotiating a transaction I might need to talk to the company management, and get back to you (now we have me talking to myself).

Brokers Licensing Question, DBA? - Posted by Wally

Posted by Wally on January 12, 2004 at 17:51:10:

For you Brokers out there, a little advice please.

I have been a real estate agent for two plus years and am going for my Brokers License. Under Minnesota rules (as I understand them) I can register under my personal name or under a DBA (which I would have to setup first with the commerce dept). I would think it would make more sense for me to setup and regesiter under a DBA, for advertising purposes, but don’t want to go through the extra hassle and expense if there really is no benefit.

I will be using my broker license mostly for investing purposes, but will also take listings and represent buyers on occassion. I will be a one person shop, or at least that is my intention for now. Any thoughts you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.