Bronchick's or Legrand's Lease Option Course? - Posted by Angel

Posted by Houserookie on January 18, 2001 at 14:16:29:

Before I buy anything I want to make sure that I know what I’m getting into. So when I read stuff I have an idea of what to expect.

Most people buy things and start following step by step and have no idea what they are following.

Both Bronchik and Gatten are good. I tend to agree that the Pactrust is a bit complicated for newbies.

Personally, I think a simple land trust can achieve many of the benefits offered by Pactrust.

You might want to check the laws in your state regarding TRUSTS, common law trusts, and business trusts before you buy anything. It’s all on the web now… use it.

Do a web search for your state leg. under business entities, real estate, etc…

I live in MN, and the last I checked, we have laws protecting trust owners. So when I came here to verify some facts, I find that certain facts are omitted, or consider insignificant by some of the experts here.

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/318/02.html

That’s the link I went to that talks about business trusts. From what I gathered, it does’t matter whether it’s revocable or irrevocable, I’m shielded from personal liability. Costs jsut $150 to register with the state.

Here, I am told to setup a land trust $XX, with LLC co-beneficiary ( $$ x ), and corps, etc…

By the time you add up the expenses and time it takes to manage these entities, you could have little or no assets left to protect. : )

Personally, I would focus less on protecting your money until you have money to protect. Focus on closing deals.

If you are savvy enough, you may even be able to learn off the posting alone. But I do believe in givng back what others give to you.

Bronchick, Randy, and Gatten have all contributed to this board. I don’t know who they, and I have no incentives to recommend any, but give them your business.

Just last month, I talked to an old friend and his CPA attorney about business law. They talk about corps, LLCs, partnership, etc…

They somehow forgot that you can operate a business as a trust company and get the same and more benefits than a corporation. In fact, his attorney didnt’ even know that you can have a business entity as a trust.
Bottom line, do you homework.

Hope this helps.

Houserookie

Bronchick’s or Legrand’s Lease Option Course? - Posted by Angel

Posted by Angel on January 17, 2001 at 22:58:40:

Hi,
I am a complete newbie. I am very much interested in knowing about lease options. I think my instinct is leaning towards Bronchick because his course is less expensive and I heard his course is good for a beginner and he has good presentation and has good contracts. Plus I like to minimize costs for the time being. But I dont mind paying to be well educated and for results. If Legrand is significantly better I would go for his course. I think I might have heard that Ron Legrand’s course is comprehensive. I was talking to woman who is starting a club near my area and she told me about how she knew or heard of one woman in Connecticut who earned $1.2 million a year who was a Ron Legrand student.

I think it would be a great idea to get both. But my budget would only really allow for one. I am thinking even if I could afford both. I think I would learn better one at a time. But maybe it is possible to study both at the same. But I think I would be more comfortable one at a time.

I remember when I called Ron Legrand’s company up his sales people told me I could only get hotline support if I only buy his 3 course or I buy one course by going to the boot camp also. I know Bronchick gives e-mail support.

They both sound like they got an outstanding course. I do realize we do get what we pay for in life sometimes.

Is there a little difference in quality of their courses or it is huge?

Angel

Re: Bronchick’s or Legrand’s Lease Option Course? - Posted by stacy

Posted by stacy on January 18, 2001 at 08:59:20:

Angel,

I haven’t purchased Legrand’s course, but I have Bronchicks and it’s wonderful. Very complete, answers any questions you may have and comes with all the contracts you’ll need. I feel very comfortable when I do lease options because of what I learned in Bronchick’s course. It’s a WINNER.

Re: Bronchick’s or Legrand’s Lease Option Course? - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on January 18, 2001 at 09:58:18:

I would personally invest in trust education.
Bill Gatten has Pactrust course and so does
Bronchick.

Re: Bronchick’s or Legrand’s Lease Option Course? - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on January 18, 2001 at 10:17:16:

Houserookie,

Which trust course would you recommend - Bronchick’s or Gatten’s? I’m considering getting both - Bronchick’s to learn about simple land trusts for flips, and Gatten’s to learn the PACTrust for more complex deals. Any thoughts???