Bubble, Bubble, Toil & Trouble... NOT - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by sans on June 20, 2005 at 22:38:27:

I guess in Pennslyvania there is no housing bubble given the stuff I just saw on HUD’s website. $7,800 for a 2/1. Now that piece of crap would sell for $450,000 in Anahiem California and $595,000 in San Clement.

So Hmmm. How do I answer your question.

OK… I know…There is no bubble in PA, Arkansa, Oklahoma, or any other farm town flat square state.

I get it now. It’s in So Cal. where you can rent for a $1500 loss after tax benafits, PITI and reserves on a 2 bedroom starter condo. (and apparantly in Las Vegas given the recent posts)

I get it. I feel better now. I see the big picture. I will defer to my seclusion now.

Bubble, Bubble, Toil & Trouble… NOT - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on June 20, 2005 at 18:28:50:

Some quotes primarily about the stocks of Homebuilders… Of course they are driven by profits realized from the hot RE market… Here are some quotes, and the link of the entire article at the bottom of the page…

JT-IN

“shares of homebuilders keep soaring”

“While housing prices and margins may be climbing to stratospheric levels, it is important to recognize that they are still climbing and driving earnings higher,”

“The fact is that housing demand has not slowed meaningfully, nor have supply constraints been noticeably undermined, and the large, public builders are set to post significantly higher price growth, margins and earnings than the Street currently expects,”

“a drastic increase in long-term bond rates, which influence mortgage rates, has yet to materialize”

“As long as low rates remain, housing is going to continue to do better than expected,”

“When you talk about a bubble in housing it’s different than a bubble in the stock market. You don’t have to sell your home. Usually see a leveling out, not a collapse,”

The link to the entire article…

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/20/markets/homebuilders/index.htm?cnn=yes