Building SFH's - Posted by Adam Miller

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on June 06, 2000 at 08:24:32:

Adam,

Hook up with a General Contractor, Realtor, Mortgage Broker, Title Company in your area. They will be the best education. I do SFH with other investors in my area for a fee and over see the project. There are several books on the market but nothing beats street education. Some General Contractors have a problem working with investors because they think that they are in competition with them…I say hog wash. I would talk to a realtor that handels new home sales and find out what is selling and what price range. Here in My area New starter homes 3/2/2… 1300SF are selling for 90-100K. If I could be any assistance please free to give me a call. If you have floor plan Have it priced out and take a hard look at the numbers. They do not Lie. I do a lot of speculation and I make more money on the type of deals that are done on this board than I do building a home. Take for instance I have a home that I am Building now 3/2/2 for $92,900

Here is a sample of costs

Lot 10K
Building costs 56K
Realtor $4645
Holding/Closing costs 10K

Total $80,645

12K of so called profit is not a lot of $$ for 3 months of work and Liability.

Thanks
Jonathan Rexford
Licensed General Contractor
Licensed Mortgage Brokerage Business
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Vero Beach, Florida 32965
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

Building SFH’s - Posted by Adam Miller

Posted by Adam Miller on June 06, 2000 at 01:46:27:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could share a few tips on starting out in the
development of real estate? I have been studying creative investing and have done a few deals over the last 2 years here in Southern California. I?ve spoke with a few companies like Eagles Nest who claim to assist in the development and training of single-family home building. I would be very interested in finding books on this subject and or any training programs. My goal is to build a few single-family homes to resell in my area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Adam Miller