Burbank Ca. investors ? - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Glen SoCal on February 14, 2002 at 12:52:47:

You never know! Sometimes it’s not about a deal, rather finding a place where you want to live, and for that, you pay the going rate, right?

The advantage of posting here though is that both can avoid extra costs, i.e., FSBO.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Burbank Ca. investors ? - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on February 13, 2002 at 19:20:49:

Hey ,I have a guy that is interested in moving here to WV and is thinking he can’t get rid of his house in Burbank.
If any one wants to look at the house and make an offer on it e-mail me and I’ll provide the details and addresses of the home and owner.

He is working here in West Virgina at this time and his wife is living in the home in Ca. He is starting to feel the strain of keeping both homes and staying away from his wife.Sounds like a motivated seller to me!!
Mark (WV)
mcrichmond@citynet.net

Re: Burbank Ca. investors ? - Posted by Glen SoCal

Posted by Glen SoCal on February 13, 2002 at 21:32:11:

Without offering the address and phone number, do you have any info on the house that you can post here?

It’s a hot market here and your friend should be able to unload his house pretty easily.

Has he tried listing it with an agent? With an agent he’ll take a 10% hit including other sales costs. If one of us purchases it, he’s got to be prepared for a much bigger hit (30%+) if he has to cash out.

Re: Burbank Ca. investors ? - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on February 14, 2002 at 09:18:58:

The house is in Burbank, He is working here in WV and is from here,and has lived there for 25 years.He wishs to move back if he can get his wife a teaching job here and sell there.The house might be paid for given the time frame.

He works with me so for that reason I can’t allow him to get hammered for 30%. I have to look at him every day! If that is the case I will recomend he contact a agent.He has stated the house is worth 350 to 400k so 30% at 375 would be a 112k hit, thats pretty big.

I have talked with him and he seems to like the idea of a seller financed note on a full price offer but due to wanting to move does not want to get involved in a L/O or rental deal.