Bus Benches - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on August 25, 2005 at 23:30:16:

Perhaps he has some sort of a group discount. If not, then he needs at least 2 deals a month just to pay for them.

Vic

Bus Benches - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on August 24, 2005 at 04:39:40:

Anyone using bus benches to advertise?

If so, how are they working?

What are you paying per month?

Thanks,

Vic

Tangent: Bus Benches - Posted by John B. Corey Jr.

Posted by John B. Corey Jr. on August 24, 2005 at 09:31:30:

I have seen a few benches with RE ads. What I have not seen anywhere is contact information for how you get a bench set up with your ad. Are the benches controlled by an advertising company (like billboards) or does some other model apply?

John Corey
Chelsea Private Equity LLC

Re: Tangent: Bus Benches - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on August 25, 2005 at 03:38:31:

John,

They had a vacant bus bench sign that I saw that said “rent me”, so I called the number.

The bench I called about was on a busy street & they wanted $200/month plus another $200 for setup.

I’m sure you can find out who’s in charge of the benches near you just by calling the ads on the benches & seeing if they’ll tell you who owns them near you. Also, try the city or county.

I just question whether they’re worth that much money. They also want you to sign a 1 yr contract, so if it doesn’t work, it’s kind of a steep gamble, especially if you get more than one.

I know one guy who has had one for the last 3 weeks or so & so far, he’s gotten a couple of calls but zero deals.

Vic

Re: Tangent: Bus Benches - Posted by daveojeda

Posted by daveojeda on August 25, 2005 at 08:08:03:

There is a guy in Chicago who has at least 150 - 200 we buy home bus benches. They have been around for at least a year. I could only imagine the budget for his marketing. I would assume he is pulling in the deals to support it.

Re: Tangent: Bus Benches - Posted by Kevin Rhoades

Posted by Kevin Rhoades on September 06, 2005 at 23:17:11:

I`am a partner in an Ad. group in Boise, Idaho.
We control the bench market locally, maybe I can help you guys out with industry info/research. Chances are great that you can place your own benches without paying $200 mo. -

Do you have any contact info for the guy in chicago ?