business cards - Posted by Alex

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 19, 2000 at 14:12:44:

nt

business cards - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on January 19, 2000 at 11:31:01:

Any suggestions for business cards? What they should read? I’ve seen a couple that kept it simple: I buy houses and so fourth. Anybody have any better luck with different wording. Thanks for your time.

Alex

Business cards, we don’t need no stinkeen business cards! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 19, 2000 at 21:28:43:

Alex,
You know, I spent a lot of time “Designing” my first business card. I was proud of it!
It had this neat little picture of a house on it, and my company name prominently displayed in the center with my name and title on it.
The color was nice, and the text all done up fancy, even got the raised lettering.
And you know what?
I passed them out as much as I could.
I then went to the CRE convention.
At the convention, on the evenings, there was a “round table discussion” where we could all talk to the “Guru’s and course authors”.
I remember talking to Ron Legrand, with other REI’s there as well.
We all whipped out our business cards to show him. (That was the topic at hand at the moment).
When Ron looked at my card, ( the one I was SO proud of), I asked him what he thought about it.
His repsonse was, “It sucks!”
I heard him also say this to others as well.
I was not hurt by his comment at all.
We all then listened to him, and I’m sure many of us ran to the printer to get new “Better” cards upon flying home.
Now, my card is SIMPLE!
In fact, it “almost” clones the ones in his courses.
The words, “WE BUY HOMES” and my phone number are the BIGGEST feature on the front and center of the card.

The point Ron was making is that NO-ONE really cares WHO you are, or your company name. They want and need to know WHAT you do.
After that, they need to know HOW to contact you.

So, make it simple, and if you want to add any flash, use a BRIGHT color, so it stands out when you tack it somewhere or hand it to someone.

Hope that helps,
Jim IL

Re: business cards - Posted by Robert (NC)

Posted by Robert (NC) on January 19, 2000 at 16:35:03:

Maybe you should add 'No Commissions or Fees - Ever!

Good ‘Luck’

Re: business cards - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 19, 2000 at 15:38:14:

mine are printed up and down,
and on the back too.
i highly recommend the raised ink–
allot nicer!
good luck
steph in tex

Re: business cards - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on January 19, 2000 at 12:35:52:

Good Luck to you on your real estate. Now for your question: I myself use something that is classy, but gives the main ingredients. who, what, where and how but the MAIN THING IS:--------HAND THEM OUT!!!. Doesn’t do much good to buy them and let them sit in the box. I was guilty of that now,I give them to everyone that looks at me and if they say I’ve already given them one, I give them another one for a friend that they think might need it. smile

I was just going to make this point! (nt) - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on January 20, 2000 at 08:46:53:

(nt)

Re: business cards - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 19, 2000 at 12:53:35:

In addition to that, I leave them on counters, on the table at a restaurant, on the ATM machine, on gas pumps, on vending machines, mail them out with my local bills, etc. Distribute your cards everywhere!