Business cards - Posted by Lydia

Posted by Jack on August 15, 2003 at 13:20:34:

Nice, Curt. It’s nice to see someone thinking original thoughts. That’s the way to make it in this world.

Business cards - Posted by Lydia

Posted by Lydia on August 14, 2003 at 19:44:02:

I’m asking around about opinions of different types business cards, and also where the best place is to get them. I have already seen that it can be beneficial to have 2 types, a loud one (like Ron LeGrand’s orange ones), and a more sophisticated one for higher end housing markets.

Who thinks the $100 bill ones are good, and who thinks they are like a “cruel joke”?

I have an order in to Vistaprint for their free ones, which I think are going to be a good “all purpose” card.

I’d kind of like the double ones. Is there any software that helps you make the double sided ones yourself?

Lydia

Re: Business cards - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on August 15, 2003 at 09:58:48:

Lydia I use the $100 bussiness cards and they work very well some people might think it’s a crude joke but the fact of matter is even if they don’t have use for your service they will hold on to it and show it to other people because they think it’s cool and one of those people might need your service. I have had that happen alot.

Re: Business cards - Posted by Cat

Posted by Cat on August 14, 2003 at 21:37:42:

You never know where your card is going to end up. I vote for something simple and classy.

I plan to have just a name and telephone number and PO box with email.

Kinko’s will print them on card stock pretty reasonably. You can get some done very nicely at a neighborhood printer where they do the type setup and printing less that I thought.

Re: Business cards - Posted by khadija

Posted by khadija on August 15, 2003 at 17:10:19:

Hi, I’d like to know where I can order the $100 business cards from. Thx.

Re: Business cards - Posted by guesswho

Posted by guesswho on August 14, 2003 at 22:24:09:

When you do get your business cards made, us both side of the card. I see lots of business cards with one side WE BUY HOUSES
555-555-5555.
you should use the other side to describe some of the benifits ie; Are you going through foreclosure, bankruptcy, or a divorse, do you have an ugly house, or an unwanted house. Are you making 2 payments? Are you looking for a way to get rid of your financial troubles. call 555-555-5555 today so we can help you ragain control of your situation.

Y’Know Its Funny… - Posted by Curt Dalton

Posted by Curt Dalton on August 14, 2003 at 23:02:01:

Everyone seems to have the same boilerplate card from LeGrand’s marketing course/seminar. Most folks don’t change a da*n thing from that one he hands out at the seminar. I wonder how many sellers get the SAME TYPE cards from investors? I’ve had people ask me if this (We Buy Houses) is some “Franchise” thing. LOL. Yeah, right.

Seems to me that folks might want to get away from LeGrand’s way and try something else. Me? I use a standard business card. No fluff, no backside. No P.O. boxes. Nope. Home address. Why? I got nothing to hide and I think that makes sellers feel good. I know I wouldn’ want to do business with someone with JUST A P.O. BOX. No loud colors. No “We Buy Houses Cash!” stuff either.

Anyway, just a different view on the norm I guess.

Re: Y’Know Its Funny… - Posted by Lydia

Posted by Lydia on August 15, 2003 at 08:11:05:

Well, you know Ron LeGrand “insists” that his students “don’t change what works”

I have noticed how expensive cards from the real estate investing-business card site I have checked out are, especially compared to Vistaprint, free ones.

Mind if I ask how business is for you? I’m new, and really want as much of an “edge” as I can get.

Lydia

Re: Y’Know Its Funny… - Posted by guesswho

Posted by guesswho on August 14, 2003 at 23:24:29:

I did not know that Legrande did his cards that way, I never read anything about him. I agree with you about no P.O box addresses.
I put my company name on the cards also, others that I have seen do not, and I can see where you think they have something to hide. our cards are very open, we tell the home owner we have soultions,-- the key word is solutions, that is what people want.
I do have the loud colors and also the white ones, we use different cards and ask everyone that call where did they hear about us, and what ad did they see, so we can keep track of which ones get the best results.

Re: Y’Know Its Funny… - Posted by Curt Dalton

Posted by Curt Dalton on August 15, 2003 at 10:33:04:

I know what Ron says; and I know he’s got the successful students to back it up as well. But, I see more and more of his “seminar grads” out there (READ: more competition) using those cards and most of them not having a clue what they’re doing in the business anyway (hence, their reasons for wanting to do “subject to’s” and lease options. They’ve been told they don’t need any cash (that’s a crock!) to do those kind of deals, and seeing most of them don’t have any cash, that’s what they choose to do).

In this business, or any business for that matter, you need to educate yourself about it, deal w/ that business’s REALITIES and try, if possible to NOT follow the crowd. That’s my philosophy. Heck, look at Joe Kaiser: talk about a guy in the forefront of this business, WHOA! Want a different perspective than Ron’s? Just go through the archive here from the past yr and read some of Joe’s pearls of wisdom. I HIGHLY doubt Joe is using the “I BUY HOUSES CASH” flourescent red/orange/yellow cards out there. Joe’s got his own ways of doing things and its been pretty successful for him.

Me? I’m doing ok in the biz. But I treat it as a business and not some get rich quick scheme that seems to be in the air at Ron’s seminars. This business is tough, has lots of competition and requires you to roll up your sleeves and get dirty. The rewards are great but it does come at a cost, regardless of what some people may say. But then, in anything worthwhile, there is a price to pay. The beauty here is that you’re working to improve YOU and YOUR lot in life, not some corporation.

OK, I’ve gone on far too long! LOL

Good luck,
Curt

Re: Y’Know Its Funny… - Posted by Lydia

Posted by Lydia on August 15, 2003 at 08:13:00:

So, tell me! Which ones get the best results?

Lydia