Buy from Real Estate Agent or FSBO's? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by John Adair on December 28, 2000 at 15:43:13:

Perhaps you could place an ad in the paper “Investor seeking aggressive agent, ready to buy, cash, etc.” When you receive the calls, and you will, be upfront & honest with the agents. Tell them your goals, see how they feel about using a Letter of Intent instead of a full blown Agreement of Sale, and above all else, MAKE SURE you are capable of closing deals. If you close on a deal or two, that agent should treat you like gold and can be a valuable asset to you and your investing career. I have a few investors that buy low end properties from me on a regular basis, and their relationship and loyality are more important to me than the dollar amount in my commission checks.

Good Luck!

John

Buy from Real Estate Agent or FSBO’s? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on December 28, 2000 at 10:54:26:

I was wondering, should I stay away from houses that are selling from a real estate agent and just look for FSBO’s? I’m just afraid that if I am making offers through a real estate agent that they will get annoyed with me if I am just making rediculously low offers and never getting them accepted.

I’ve heard plenty of people say that sometimes you need to make 20 or 25 offers before one is accepted and I’m fine with that, but won’t a real estate agent just get annoyed with me if I am constantly making them make these offers and they’re getting no benefit from it? And even if they do sell me a house, if the price is low, they won’t get much commision from it.

What should I do?

Thanks!!!

Re: Buy from Real Estate Agent or FSBO’s? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 28, 2000 at 21:34:07:

You should find MOTIVATED sellers and deal with them. Usually not found through agents, but can be and FSBOs aren’t necessarily motivated, just fishing for a deal they want. Check archives for finding motivated selelrs.