Buyer broker commision? - Posted by marcello

Posted by David Krulac on February 27, 2002 at 06:36:51:

commissions fees are ALWAYS negotiable. Ask the broker what he would charge, if it exceeds your expectaitons and he is unwilling to acept less, you can go elsewhere. Perhaps an attorney might be needed at this point instead of a broker. You could also call an attorney and get a fee from him/her and compare it to the broker’s fee.

David Krulac

Buyer broker commision? - Posted by marcello

Posted by marcello on February 27, 2002 at 01:11:53:

I have begun negotiating a deal directly with the owner and I am considering bringing in my broker just to make sure all the “t’s” are crossed, etc. What is usually a good commision (or amount) to offer my broker. He basically had nothing to do with the deal up until now but has been good to me in the past.

Thanks.
Marcello

I Agree With The Others… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 27, 2002 at 10:33:50:

You don’t need a realtor, what you need is an attorney to review your purchase and sale agreement and any other documents you might have to sign. I don’t see where a realtor is needed.

Re: Buyer broker commision? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 27, 2002 at 09:25:20:

Even a good real estate attorney would have a hard time justifing 6% of the sale for legal fees. I’d vote for the lawyer.

Re: Buyer broker commision? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on February 27, 2002 at 07:03:39:

David is 100% right! A broker is good for finding you properties and bringing together a buyer and seller. That is their “official” job description. If you are unsure of all the I’s and T’s either have an attorney review everything or a Title Company, if you live in a Title Company state. Some states specify “attorney only” for closings. Hope this helps.