Buying Mobiles in GA - Posted by Rod

Posted by BoB L. on May 06, 1999 at 01:02:33:

hi rod ;

first plan of attack, search www.bigbook.com for mobile home parks.(if you got the four out of your phone book,you may be suprised to find 40 more by searching on the net ! )next,call every park and ask if they have any units for sale,when they tell you yes,but we want them moved ! propose that you will move them if they give you clear title in exchange,or you will pay them cash if they can stay !!make it a game, you will find the deals eventually !

thanks
BoB L.

Buying Mobiles in GA - Posted by Rod

Posted by Rod on May 04, 1999 at 20:53:14:

Any help on buying mobiles in GA. Seems “wobbly boxes” in GA is like trying to sell “love bugs” to Floridians. Thanks for your responses.

If your saying that… - Posted by Bob L.

Posted by Bob L. on May 04, 1999 at 23:51:30:

deals don’t exist “amongst the pecan trees” then you need to concentrate on where those elusive bargains might be.Also ,I’m a newbie in the mobile home game,yet as a 20 year sales vet,I see immediatly that you don’t sell USED “trailers”, You SELL financing!! NOW if your in a rural area,move closer to the city that is where the money is! methinks your testing,and need to evaluate your market (call on adds,look at unit’s,get an idea of fair market value, make a few offers,negotiate a deal ) come back in 6 month and tell me you have 10 unit’s under contract with mucho posative cash flow.
Remember there is no mold, adapt your strategy to your market. Business 101- buy low, sell high, do this and you can’t go wrong.

thanks
BoB

Re: If your saying that… - Posted by Rod

Posted by Rod on May 05, 1999 at 18:17:34:

I guess my ? was to open-ended. I live 30 miles from Atl and have only 3 or 4 mobile communities in the county. but the next several counties are loaded. I’m interested in the basics. I’m probably a pre-newbie if anything. All responses are greatly appreciated.