Buying my first home - Posted by Antwan Williams

Posted by Antwan Williams on June 11, 2000 at 09:07:28:

Thanks Kelly, in fact I did just that on Friday. I found a new agent, but I still had an appointment with the old agent. And what I did was talked to my old agent and told her that I needed her to help me get the sellers information and from then on she has been a little more helpful. Next time I will be forward enough to just ask the seller right there.

Buying my first home - Posted by Antwan Williams

Posted by Antwan Williams on June 08, 2000 at 20:33:51:

Hello I am trying to buy my first home no money down, and I need some pointers. I am trying to buy in the chicagoland area and it seems it is a sellers market right now. Considering the fact that most of the houses I am interested in are listed by a realtor, the realtor is always telling me that no one is considering taking back a mortgage or lease options. Also dealing with a realtor it is hard to find out the sellers needs (especially when the seller is another realtor). And as you know it is hard to structure a purchase without knowing the sellers financial situation concerning the property. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to find out the sellers needs even though I am dealing with a realtor. Also some no money down techniques that would work considering it seems to be a sellers market and property is selling pretty quickly.

Re: Buying my first home - Posted by Kelley

Posted by Kelley on June 09, 2000 at 22:55:25:

It sounds like you need to find a new agent. Our agent works well with us. He realizes that if we can’t get all of the information that we want; we won’t buy. I always try to make sure that the seller is home when I see the home and I am forward enough to ask the seller questions at that time. Best advise find a realtor that has rentals themselves; they seem to cooperate a little more. Best of Luck!