Buying Notes - Posted by mtd1523

Posted by mtd1523 on August 16, 2004 at 21:04:12:

That last website was actually “exactly” what I was looking for. Thanks for the help and saving me time.

Buying Notes - Posted by mtd1523

Posted by mtd1523 on August 15, 2004 at 22:45:59:

I am looking for more information for a beginner looking to buy notes.

My questions are particularly for beginning, such as, where do I look to find them? What do I need to do to buy them? Who do I talk to? How can I benefit from them?

I’ve been looking on the forums and archives, but can’t find anything.

The articles just basically talk about them, but not how to get into them or where to find them.

EZ STREET! - Posted by David Butler

Posted by David Butler on August 16, 2004 at 12:13:32:

Hello mtdl523,

Having been there and done that, I can’t imagine where you have been looking??? ;-(

There are at least FOUR good web sites, including this one, that are loaded with this kind of information - all there for the asking!!! :slight_smile:

The best place to get started? Simply type the phrase “getting started” right into the search engine at the top of this Forum, and begin taking notes. Any time you have a question during that process, simply select a keyword from that question and enter that as your keyword. Just a few examples…

marketing
finding notes
how do I find notes
note buyers
finding note buyers
how do I find note buyers
referrals
discounted notes
creating notes
pricing notes
note clauses
calculating yields
balloon notes
recommended reading
etc., etc., etc.

In a couple of weekends, you can give yourself a tremendous beginner’s workshop from that process.

Or you can speed up the process tremendously, simply by picking one or two of the least expensive books and courses suggested in the various “getting started” and/or “recommended reading” threads you study. Many of these are available right here on CREONLINE in their bookstore at:
http://www.creonline.com/catalog/paper.html

It just doesn’t get any easier - or better - than that!

So enjoy, and best wishes for your success!

David P. Butler

Re: EZ STREET! - Posted by mtd1523

Posted by mtd1523 on August 16, 2004 at 12:41:52:

What are those other 3 websites?

Bigger Picture! - Posted by David Butler

Posted by David Butler on August 17, 2004 at 22:48:47:

Hey mtd1523,

That’s not the point, nor even helpful at this juncture. The information you seek is loaded up right here, and easy to stuff yourself full of - with a minimum of effort. But… you have to start the process by digging in.

Worth noting that you would also have quickly run into the web site RichFL mentions down this thread a bit further, as well as the several others I referred too -as part of grabbing hold of the FREE information that is available at your fingertips right here!

You have to look to find, but I pretty much laid the road map right into your hands. Jump on it! And best wishes for your success!

David P. Butler

Re: EZ STREET! - Posted by Rich[FL]

Posted by Rich[FL] on August 16, 2004 at 18:41:24:

Geesh! You mean we gotta spoon feed ya?

You’re too lazy to do a Google search to find the dozens of other web sites out there dealing with note buying and selling? You can’t even do a search right here in the forums where dozens of other sites listing free information including a free email course on note brokering?

If you’re not willing to do a little research on your own, why would we be willing just give away our valuable time?

Go do your own research and then come back to ask some intelligent questions, besides “can you do this for me”.

Rich
(off soapbox mode now)

Posted by mtd1523 on August 16, 2004 at 19:44:03:

I don’t usually respond to these kinds of posts, but you said you have valuable time, yet you sat there for who knows how long and tried to think up an intelligent way to tell me to do my own research. Now where is that valuable time you were talking about???

It is a good thing though that you told me that because I forget that I DID look on google and I DID look on this website. I also forgot that I am on this site everyday looking to learn something new and I’m studying the Carleton Sheets course at the same time.

I also thought that it was best to learn from someone who was experienced. I didn’t ask anybody to do anything for me, but maybe you should go and read my first post again because I did mention I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Now that I wasted my valuable time, I am going to go research so I can be WEALTHY, not RICH!

-Peace-

Posted by Rich[FL] on August 16, 2004 at 20:09:15:

OK, OK; I give. The previous response I gave was a “generic” response I sometimes use that I cut and paste. Took me all of 10 secs or so. Not much time wasted.

Here is a previous post I made when someone else asked a related question. This I found in an archive search and took me all of 2 minutes or so; it’s a post I made way back on Sep 30, 2003; Hope you find it useful…

Recommendations…Where do I begin???

“Invest in Debt”, www.jimmynapier.com
“Paper into Gold”, right here at CREOnline.com
“Profits in Discounted Notes”, CREOnline.com
“The Discounted Note Kit”, CREOnline.com
“Cashing In”, CREOnline.com
“Tin Can Alley”, CREOnline.com
“Working with Realtors”, CREOnline.com
“The Paper Game 5-day video training” course, papergame.com (might be able to find it for less on ebay).
Free E-Course on Note Brokering and Investing, papersourceonline.com, plus everything else you can find to read at that site
Everything you can find to read at www.notenetwork.com

The last two listed are FREE, in case your budget can’t handle purchasing one of these excellent resources right now. That should get you started.

Rich

Posted by mtd1523 on August 16, 2004 at 20:18:12:

Great, I was mainly looking for the free websites since everything I was looking at needed to be bought.

Thanks for the help, now let’s all be friends.

Posted by Rich[FL] on August 16, 2004 at 20:31:07:

There’s another web site that wasn’t mentioned in my earlier post, but I’ll go ahead and mention it here in case you haven’t already run across it:

Rich

Re: EZ STREET! - Posted by Carol Marshall

Posted by Carol Marshall on March 10, 2006 at 17:55:05:

none