buying/selling in Florida - license required? - Posted by steven

Posted by Greg Meade on October 15, 2003 at 15:15:40:

`

buying/selling in Florida - license required? - Posted by steven

Posted by steven on October 15, 2003 at 13:35:29:

Hi,

I’ve been reading the board a while and am about to take some action. I live here in Palm Beach Florida and like the idea of buying and selling fast for a profit and repeating. There certainly are lots of low priced homes in the area to make this model feasible.

My question to fellow Floridians is that I’ve been reading the Florida DMV site and to quote it:

“Florida law states that any person, firm partnership or corporation that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in one or more mobile homes in any 12-month period is presumed to be a mobile home dealer and must have an appropriate license issued by the State.”

Do you all have licenses or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Steven

nothing like straight answers, eh? - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 15, 2003 at 16:50:33:

Steven - nice name, BTW ;o)

There is a whole diversionary course written by Ernest Tew on doing this in Florida via Lease with Option to Buy. You’re not selling, you’re leasing.

Check the archives, or spring for $80 or so to buy the course. Well worth it. Try ernesttew.com, or get it via books and courses here on creonline.com

Better yet, just check out articles here by ET, and articles on his site to get a feel (not cop a feel!), before you buy the book.

Re: buying/selling in Florida - license required? - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on October 15, 2003 at 16:43:44:

Silence is golden