Buying/selling properties out of State-anyone done this? Advice? - Posted by D.

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on June 18, 1999 at 10:18:50:

I agree 100%. Email me if you want more info. I live in SoCal and own in Phoenix and Las Vegas. I still like to keep my hand in the management a little so I prefer to keep my properties within a 1 hour plane ride.

Buying/selling properties out of State-anyone done this? Advice? - Posted by D.

Posted by D. on June 17, 1999 at 16:28:44:

Hello! :slight_smile:
I was wondering if anyone had tried buying and selling properties in a State other than their own? If you have,I would love to hear from you!
I need some sound advice…
If you have been successful,especially,becuase I am interested in buying and selling in another State (Oklahoma)and have several properties and excellent opportunities available to me,and I can use all the advice you can give!
How did you go about it,did you have help in that State,etc…
Thank you for your time! :slight_smile:
D.-Great2ns@aol.com

Re: Buying/selling properties out of State-anyone done this? Advice? - Posted by Dick Schmidt

Posted by Dick Schmidt on June 17, 1999 at 23:20:32:

Buying properties out of state is no trick at all. You just make offers on HUD, VA, forclosures or FSBO properties just like you would at home. The trick is keeping them after you get them. Property management is always a problem. What I have done (I own in CA, Fla, Texas and Hawaii) is find a local investment group that specializes in out of state deals and thus has some clout with agents and managers. If one guy is unhappy, who cares, but if 50 or 75 people threaten to walk, most managers will sit up and listen. If you can’t find a group, (I live in SoCal) then you will really need to do some research on finding good property management that will still leave you a positive cash flow. Good luck.

Dick