Buying the apartment I live in - Posted by kc

Posted by Bill Gatten on May 29, 1999 at 22:30:45:

'Sounds great. Buy it, move into something even nicer and keep it as your first step toward financial independence ('lower right hand side of the Cash Flow Quadrant, as it were).

Spiders! You can’t kill spiders. Anything that would kill a spider will kill you. I’ve paid an exterminator for ten years now to kill spiders… he keeps killing the same d… spiders over and over again and charging me full bore). Cats think they’re hot stuff with their measley nine lives… spiders have hundreds.

We tried bringing in midget salamanders to eat the spiders, but they got out of hand and we had to bring in dung beetles to eat the salamanders; then Giant African Tree Frogs to eat the Dung Beetles. And now we can’t find anything that will eat Tree Frogs (poison skins, you know)… so now we’re up to our butts in tree frogs, and have more spiders than ever.

The only solution? Name them all, and do the best you can to teach them to stay off the furniture.

Good luck.

Bill

Buying the apartment I live in - Posted by kc

Posted by kc on May 29, 1999 at 20:30:26:

I just had an idea and wanted some input on how to follow through…(still waiting for my cs program to come in the mail but Ive been reading other stuff)
I live in a small apartment building or coverted house…the basement is an apartment, the middle is an apartment and the top is where we live…
This place has been on the market ever since I moved in(for about a year) and the asking price has fluctuated btw $65,000 and $75,000.
The place seems to be in ok condition,but I’ve been told by one of the other tenants(who does some maintenance) that there are lots of spiders even after a treatment, and the place is need of some repairs. The rent for the other two apartments is $700 for both…
I have considered buying it before reading this board because I was thinking small…that it would be great to get the $700 a month but now I realise there is so much more to do in this CRE world…what could my options be?(sorry about the length of the question)
Regards KC