BUYING USED MH'S FROM DEALERS - Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC)

Posted by Dean (IL) on February 22, 1999 at 10:34:22:

What an excellent idea! There are several dealers in my area where this can be applied. Thanks for the ideas Jackie and Rev. Mack.

BUYING USED MH’S FROM DEALERS - Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC)

Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC) on February 21, 1999 at 19:31:10:

GREETINGS!

I am thinking about sending out letters to all the mobile home dealers here in my area. I am asking all of you to take a look at what I have in mind saying in my letter and see if you would add or delete anything from it. I would probably say something like this:

I am interested in buying homes for cash that are between ten and twenty years old. I am in the market for low priced used homes, even if they need a little fix-up. I am especially looking for a mobile home for a young couple who don’t have much money but who do need a place to live. If we can find something that they can afford we will buy it for them and let them pay us back by the month. It must be an inexpensive home that is already set up on a lot and can stay there.

I want you to know that I am not a competitor of yours, but rather I am someone who can take some of your used homes off your hands. I am sure this will prove to be of benefit to both of us.

Also, if you find someone wanting to buy one of your older used homes and they need financing, I may be willing to finance it for them.

I got most of these ideas from Lonnie’s DOW book.

Looking forward to your response!

Sincerely,

Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC)

Re: BUYING USED MH’S FROM DEALERS - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on February 22, 1999 at 17:44:39:

Hi Rev Mack,

I will agree with Jackie that you should leave out your plans to sell/finance.

Dealers can be an excellant source for used homes. I have several that call me prior to their taking homes on trade so they will know exactly what I will pay when and if they do trade. I don’t get to buy them all, but I do get my share.

One other point here; I do buy homes that have to be moved. In most cases, you can find a place to put it and have the dealer deliver and set.

I think if you limit your letter to only the homes you want to stay in a park, you will not get many dealers to respond to your letter. In other words, I would leave that avenue open until I looked at the home. There have been several occasions where I agreed to buy from the dealer and had a buyer lined up that wanted a home on his property. I was able to sell to him delivered and set.

Just my opinion.

David S

Re: BUYING USED MH’S FROM DEALERS - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on February 21, 1999 at 20:02:04:

Hi Rev. Jimmy,

I’d suggest you leave out the part about what your plans are with the home after you buy it - you don’t want to give them any ideas!

Just say that if they have any “trade in’s” they would like to keep out of their inventory you would be interested in buying them quickly if (and only if) they can stay on the lot. Make sure they know you are a CASH buyer and you would like to develop a long term relationship with them (ie. - they get a older home as a trade in - just call the REV for FAST CASH!!) Quick and easy. They don’t have to pay lot rent - they don’t have to pay to have it hauled to their lot - they don’t have to do any repairs - you are there to take the headaches out of their business.