Buying Wholesale Properties - Posted by James

Posted by SCook85 on March 30, 2002 at 22:05:25:

James,

It is up to you to determine how much the repairs are going to cost you and you should also determine what the after repair value is. Every time, and I mean every single time I took someone else word for the value of a home that I was buying I got burned. I strongly urge you to do your own due diligence.

Let’s assume that the wholesaler you are working with isn’t stretching too far. Say the home is worth $70k after fix up and they tell you $75k, and they tell you that it will cost $8k to fix, but it actually costs you $13k. You just lost $10k of what you thout you were going to make.

DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE. IF THE DEAL STILL STANDS UP THEN DO IT.

Happy Investing,

Steve

Buying Wholesale Properties - Posted by James

Posted by James on March 30, 2002 at 21:13:25:

I’m in the Atlanta area and am about to buy a property from a wholesaler. The wholesaler provides an estimate of the cost of repairs and an estimated after repair value. They can also provide hard money financing.

I plan to buy the property, have the repairs made and rent the property or do a lease option.

Would appreciate comments on:

1. Experiences with purchases from wholesales
  2. Experiences with the estimated after repair values

Thanks.

Re: Buying Wholesale Properties - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on April 02, 2002 at 08:39:48:

SCook is right…

What area of town are you considering? I’ve been involved with several wholesale deals and found location to be an important factor.

E-mail me privately and we can talk.