Buying your dream home - Posted by David

Posted by Marlene Trice on March 13, 2006 at 20:34:40:

David,

I specialize in short sales, so that would be my preference if I were wanting to buy my new dream home creatively. My second option would be to find a true wholesaler and look at what properties they had available.

Marlene

Buying your dream home - Posted by David

Posted by David on March 13, 2006 at 13:58:21:

What is your opinion on the best way to buy (creatively) your own personal residence? All ideas and opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Buying your dream home - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 14, 2006 at 11:46:24:

Since you said dream home, I am assuming you’ve already made it big in real estate. In that case, I would just pay all cash for exactly what you want. The thing with doing deals is that you take what you get. If you don’t like the neighborhood or the floor plan, who cares? It’s not your personal residence. So if you are looking for a personal residence, it may be a while before you find something you like. If you pay all cash, then you own it free and clear and never have to worry about missing payments again (other than taxes and HOA fees if you have them). In the end, I would leverage every investment I had to the max if I could do more deals. But, I would probably leave my personal residence alone just for safe keeping.